2017-18 Community of the Year
East Knoxville will be Keep Knoxville Beautiful's Community of the Year from July 2017 through June 2018. For this fiscal year, we will focus on East Knoxville for cleanups, education, and beautification projects--while still helping out in other parts of the county. Join us by volunteering!
Here is what we have done since July 2017:
- July 28: McGhee Tyson Airman Leadership School cleanup of Asheville Highway
- August 3: McGhee Tyson Airman Leadership School cleanup of Magnolia Avenue
- August 8: Gold's Gym cleanup of Cherry Street
- August 15: Ignite Serves cleanup and graffiti abatement in Burlington
- August 16: Ignite Serves cleanup and graffiti abatement in Burlington
- August 26: Accenture Consulting Firm's cleanup of Williams Creek
- September 2: TVA-sponsored cleanup of Williams Creek
- September 9: Bus-Stop Trash Hop litter cleanup on Magnolia Avenue
- September 9: Odd Fellows Cemetery Seating Project with Reanimation Coalition
- September 16: Tree Planting at Morningside Community Center
- September 24: Mabry-Hazen House Clean-up
- September 27: Johnson University Day of Service at the Center for Urban Agriculture
- October 5: UT Alternative Break cleanup of Morningside Park
- October 7: TVA-Sponsored Williams Creek Cleanup
- October 13: UT Students Burlington Cleanup
- October 18: Holston River Park Cleanup
- October 21: Daffodil Bulb Planting at Sarah Moore Green Magnet School
East Knoxville Survey
We would love your input about how we can make the best impact on your community. We prefer to work with existing momentum and not to reinvent your wheel. Have a project already underway? Know of a problem spot? Have a dream project? Please let us know so that our efforts can dovetail with yours, and so we can best serve your community. We know the people who live in a community know best what their neighborhoods need, so we want to hear from you! If you live, work, or play in East Knoxville, please complete the short survey below and pass it on to your neighbors and friends.
*As a small nonprofit with limited funding, we cannot guarantee that all suggestions will be implemented--but we will consider all proposals and appreciate all ideas!