What and Where to Recycle
- City of Knoxville Residents:
- City of Farragut Residents
- Knox County Residents
Wondering what to do with hazardous materials?
Visit the Household Hazardous Waste Facility's webpage for a list of the materials they accept. The HHWF serves both City of Knoxville and Knox County residents.
Want to keep these items out of the landfill?
- Styrofoam = Bin at Publix parking garage and Hidden Gems (fee)
- Electronics = Best Buy and some Knox County Convenience Centers
- Batteries and light bulbs = Batteries + Bulbs and Knox County Convenience Centers
- Used large household items/appliances (good quality) = Habitat for Humanity RESTORE
- Used clothes, shoes, accessories, toys, furniture, etc. = Goodwill, Salvation Army, Ladies of Charity, KARM
- Worn carpet = Southeastern Recycling and some Knox County Convenience Centers
- Used books, video games, CDs, DVDs, etc. = McKay's
- Worn athletic shoes = Nike Factory Store, Sevierville
Want details about who is recycling what in our community?
Check out our Survey of Recycling Attitudes and Behaviors in Knox County by the University of Tennessee's Center for Clean Products.
Have other questions about recycling in your community?
Contact us! If we don't already know the answer we'll track it down for you.