South Knoxville is Keep Knoxville Beautiful's Community of the Year. Until June 2017, we will focus on South Knoxville for cleanups, education, and beautification projects--while still helping out in other parts of the county. Here's what we've accomplished so far:
- March 2016: Dumpsite cleanup at Dogwood Elementary Outdoor Classroom
- April 2016: Trash Run from Alliance Brewing Company
- May 2016: First Goose Creek Cleanup at Mary Vestal Park w/Aveda and Tennessee Clean Water Network
- May 2016: Provided recycling services for Vestival at Candoro Marble Works
- June 2016: Second Goose Creek Cleanup at Mary Vestal Park with TN Achieves
- June 2016: Provided recycling services for Remote Area Medical's Salute to Service at Island Home Airport
- August 2016: Graffiti paint-outs of the Scottish Pike Park train tunnel and an Edington Road retaining wall
- September 2016: Cottrell Street Cleanup
- October 2016: Cleanup of Goose Creek from Vestal United Methodist
- October 2016: Trash Run from Trailhead Beer Market
- October 2016: Cleanup of Sevier Ave from South Knoxville Elementary
- November 2016: Planted over 2,000 daffodil bulbs on Sevierville Pike near the end of James White Parkway
- 2016 Educational Outreach: Visited South Knoxville Elementary four times and New Hopewell Elementary five times to teach the importance of litter prevention, recycling, and good environmental stewardship.
South Knoxville Survey
We would love your input about how we can make the best impact on your community. Please complete the short survey below and pass it on to your neighbors and friends.
*We cannot guarantee that all suggestions will be taken up, but we will consider all proposals and appreciate all ideas.